Emergency & Trauma Care
Department of Accident and Emergency Medicine at Almas Hospital boasts of a newly set facility utilising Ultra modern Technology including the use of Triage prioritising. The department is equipped amply with all state of the art life saving equipments. All staffs in the department are certified ACLS and ATLS providers possessing decades of experience in treating polytrauma cases with 24*7 Orthopedic and Neurosurgery support.
The Department....... with a rich experience of treating more than 100 cases of snake bite poisoning. The department also has its own toxicology museum for identifying different species of snakes.
Facilities & Services
- Management of Acute Coronary Syndrome, stroke, acute respiratory distress, acute surgical patient
- Trained persons for managing polytrauma and head injury patient.
- Management of Obstetric, Gynaecologic and Pediatric emergencies.
Procedures Done In The Emergency Department
- Advanced airway management techniques, endotracheal intubation, LMA etc.
- Needle cricothyroidotomy and surgical cricothyroidotomy.
- Tube thoracostomy
- Procedural sedation and analgesia for Orthopedic reduction and burns.
- Cardiopulmonary resuscitation.
- Central venous cannulation (USG guided).
- Focused abdominal scan for trauma
- Regular and plastic surgery
- Anterior and posterior nasal packing
- Joint reduction – for shoulder elbow and hip dislocation.
- Intraosseous line insertion.
- Pleural fluid , ascites fluid aspiration
- Lumbar puncture
- Suprapubic catheterization.
- Arterial line placement , ABG
- Emergency Transcutaneous cardiac pacing.